History

 Originally constructed in 1904 by DA Tompkins, the Little Mountain Oil and Fertilizer Company ginned cotton and pressed cotton seed into oil. The company also used the remnants of seed and husk to produce fertilizer for local farmers. The mill was built near the railroad to provide convenient transport to market.

As years passed the building has housed a cannery and a construction company. Abandoned for more than two decades, the building was purchased by a husband and wife team and is being completely renovated to become a premiere event venue.

The floor plans below show the outline of the new space.



The Cotton Press will maintain the historical integrity of the building while updating the look. Reopening the window arches to the original size and replacing the white painted doors with new natural finished ones will have a dramatic effect. The building will have a brick wall with an iron gate added to the right side for event privacy on the large outdoor patio. 

The Cotton Press| 199 W. Church Street, Little Mountain, SC 29075
Wedding, Special Event and Corporate Venue
Contact Us:  803.546.2494   Info@TheCottonPress.com 
Copyright 2019